Friday, October 26, 2007

How am I Suppossed to Refelct on Coming-to-Age When I am Coming-to-Age?

I can say what i believe coming to age means, but i probably am wrong. All i can give is what others tell me it is. I am expecting their experience but i know i probably won't go through it. but i might. I feel that going though teenage years is like driving through the city with out knowing where my destination is, but i do have some directions, but the directions are for another city so they don't match up right. I might run a few red light in my hurry or i might take a few wrong turns, but how am i supposed to know if they were the wrong things to do until the end? It is fate and because of human nature, we try to shape our fate. I don't know what i am supposed to do. Mabey i sould go on my hero's journey like milkman. but then i wonder if that is a egotistical view of myself, thinking i am the hero. mabey i am only the side kick, like a petroclis. but naturally i wan't to reject that idea. I would like to say that this renounceing of lack-of-meaning in one's life is a common feeling throughout all people, but is it possible that some people don't believe that they are the protagonist of the story? regaurdless i feel as if i am approching my coming to age moment, but like the last kid to get picked for teams on the playground i am nervouse that it might never happen. then i wonder if i have already had my moment but it wasn't all that it has been promised to be, like a super-hyped up movie that once you watch it really wasn't all that brilliant (Napolean Dynomite anyone). all in all there is nothing i can do about it.

2 comments:

Da Boot said...

Yea i had the same Qustion

Blossom911 said...

yea i struggle with the same questioni guess this question would be easier to answer when i mature a little more